On the "Rox"
Mixology with the Candidate
It's no secret Bill and Roxie enjoy entertaining, whether it be at Roxie's on Grand, Cowboy State Brewing or at their home. Roxie loves to spend time in her garden to harvest herbs for speciality foods and cocktails for her family, friends and the business. Bill BBQ's and Roxie enjoys creating new and fresh cocktails and mocktails. Roxie is in the process of setting up weekly facebook sharing on the art of mixology. In the meantime, below is a recipes for your next gathering. Please consider locally sourced ingredients when you prepare them.
Fourth of July 1776 Blackberry Smash
Enjoy a refreshing 1776 blackberry smash! Happy fourth of July to you and your family!
- 2 oz fresh lime juice
- 7 mint leaves
- 7-9 blackberries
- 1/2 oz mint simple syrup
- 2 oz 1776 bourbon (substitute ginger beer for a mocktail)
- Club soda, to top
- Garnish: mint sprig
- Garnish: blackberries
- Muddle the mint, blackberries, lime juice, and simple syrup in a shaker.
- Add the bourbon and give it a brief shake.
- Strain into a highball glass over fresh ice.
- Top with the club soda.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and blackberries.